|1951 Born in Binghamton, NY
1973 B.F.A. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Currently living and working in NY.
Samples of his work may be found in the following collections: The Art Institute of Chicago; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY, Sculpture Gardens; the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, and the Ludwig Museum, in Cologne.
• Pan Chiao, Alexander and Bonin Gallery, NY
• Sculpture from the East, 100th Street, Part II, Alexander and Bonin Gallery, NY
• Sculpture from the East, 100th Street, Alexander and Bonin, NY
Public Art and Collaborative Projects:
• Pan Chiao Train Station Public Art Project, Pan Chiao, Taiwan
• Phoenix Day School for the Deaf, in collaboration with the Scott Museum of Art
• General Service Administration, joint commission with Rigoberto Torres for the Health Care Finance Administration in Baltimore, MD
• Huang Jaclyn. The World Journal (December 8, 2001): C7.
• Danatt, Adrian. “Our Choice of New York Contemporary Galleries: John Ahearn “The Art Newspaper” Vol. XI, No. 105 (July-August 2000): 78.
• Glueck, Grace. “John Ahearn: Sculpture from the East, 100th Street, Part II. The New York Times (Julio 7, 2000): E 31.
• Taplin, Robert. “John Ahearn at Alexander Bonin” in Art in America 86, no.11 (November 1998):124-25
• Lacy , Suzanne (ed.) “Directional Signs: A Compendium of Artists Works”. Mapping the terrain: New Genre Public Art (Seattle: Bay Press 1995) 194-195.
• Kramer, Jane. Whose Art is It?. Durham & London: Duke University Press/Public Planet Books, 1994.