Rigoberto Torres was born in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, in 1960.
Currently he resides and works in Florida.
His works may be found at: Chicago Museum of Contemporary Arts; Boston Museum of Fine Arts; Baltimore Museum of Art; El Museo del Barrio and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, among other collections.
• Life Sculptures by Rigoberto Torres , Polk Museum of Art, Lakeland, Florida
• Sculptures from East 100th Street , Alexander and Bonin Gallery, New York
• Sculpture by Rigoberto Torres and John Ahearn: Tower Air Lines, Kennedy Airport, New York
• Puerto Rico Public Art Project and commissions, in collaboration with John Ahearn
• Pan Chiao Street Scenes , Pan Chiao Station, Tapei, Taiwan
• Museo del Barrio and Taller Boricua: commission for fountain at Julia de Burgos Cultural Center
• General Service Administration, commission for the Health Care Finance Administration Baltimore (with John Ahearn)
• The (S) files Biennial, El Museo del Barrio, NYC
• Summer Group Show, Alexander and Bonin Gallery, NY
• Salsa Museum Series of Portraits of Historical Stars:
Ruth Fernández, Joe Cuba and Yomo Toro
Rebecca Mahoney, "Drawing and Latin Heritage" Art work in Polk Museum. The Ledger (November 1), p. D 4,5.
Scott Reed, "Life Sculptures by Rigoberto Torres" Art-I-facts, published by the Polk County Cultural Arts Board, (Fall 2002) p. 7
Joanne Milani, "Rigoberto On a Roll", The Tampa Tribune, Bay Life (November 17) p.12